Ryan Malone is an associate in HKM’s Civil Litigation Group, focusing his practice primarily on Product Liability Defense, Commercial Litigation and Insurance Related Litigation. Ryan is licensed to practice in Minnesota state and federal courts and is a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association.
Prior to joining HKM, Ryan worked with a prominent Minneapolis law firm on expansive class action lawsuits involving antitrust and securities claims. Following law school, Ryan also served as a legal fellow at the Government Accountability Project in Washington, D.C. where he contributed to a campaign to bolster legal protections for whistleblowers throughout the financial services industry and numerous government agencies.
Ryan received his J.D. from William & Mary School of Law, where his student note advocating consumer bankruptcy reform was published in the William & Mary Business Law Review. While attending William & Mary, he worked as a policy analyst at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau where he helped to improve financial security measures designed to protect elder Americans. Ryan received his B.A., cum laude, from Boston College, where he majored in political science and was a member of the school’s Fulton Debating Society.
In his free time, Ryan enjoys spending time with his family and friends, writing creative fiction, playing trivia, and attending concerts, sporting events, and live comedy performances.
Honors & Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Data Privacy and Your Business: Navigating the Cybersecurity Minefield, December 28, 2018
- Keeping the Gates? Recent Decisions May Muddy the Applicability of Minnesota’s Punitive Damages Statute in Federal Court Diversity Actions March 23, 2018
- Swan Song for Swanson? Why Purchasing Subrogation Interests is not a Prerequisite to Seeking Collateral Offsets for Medical Provider Discounts in Minnesota HKM Legal News – February 2017
- Bifurcate or Beware — Recent Wisconsin Case Highlights the Necessity of Bifurcating Coverage and Liability Questions for Wisconsin Insurers HKM Legal News – February 2017