Kathleen is a problem-solver who works collaboratively with her clients to understand their needs and is a powerful advisor and advocate when they are facing litigation. Some characterize her as a calm, even-tempered Collie who transforms into a Bulldog when battling a case. Kathleen takes great pride in treating you as a priority, from addressing your concerns in a timely manner to ensuring that you always feel heard. Her clients value not only her skill and experience, but also the commitment she brings to every case.
Dedicating her career to practicing exclusively in litigation, she brings a wealth of knowledge and experience in these areas:
- Personal Injury—auto accidents, truck accidents, animal bites, wrongful death, slip and fall, and premises liability claims
- Product Liability—personal injury and property damage claims, as well as related insurance coverage issues
- Construction Litigation—construction defects, construction site injuries, contractual indemnity and insurance issues
- Professional Malpractice—medical, dental, and legal and insurance agent errors and omissions
Kathleen skillfully handles cases at all stages of litigation, from initial investigation through trial and appeal. She adeptly drafts and argues motions in both state and federal court. In addition, she serves as a No-Fault Arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association. Prior to joining HKM, she practiced for 10 years with a Minneapolis firm representing both plaintiffs and defendants primarily with personal injury cases.Kathleen has been named to the Super Lawyers®–Minnesota Rising Stars list since 2016. She received her J.D., magna cum laude, from William Mitchell College of Law. She served as a staff member of the William Mitchell Law Review. She earned a B.A., magna cum laude, in English Literature with minors in Spanish and Political Science from Concordia College.
Honors & Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- Named to Super Lawyers®–Minnesota Rising Stars list, 2016–present
- America’s Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators, 2020
- America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, 2019
- Comment: “The Supreme Court’s Attack on Domestic Violence Legislation—Discretion, Entitlement, and Due Process in Town of Castle Rock v. Gonzales,” Vol. 32 Wm. Mitchell Law Review, p. 1181, 2006.
- Coauthor, “Accidents Involving Motorcycles, Buses, Rental Cars, and Other ‘Specialized’ Vehicles,” Chapter 10 of Minnesota Motor Vehicle Accident Deskbook, Sixth Edition, June 5, 2019.
- Coauthor, “Litigating Sports Concussions: What You Need to Know About the Science and the Law,” Bench & Bar Magazine, August/September 2017.