A skilled litigator and trial lawyer, John handles complex disputes in the areas of toxic torts and asbestos, transportation/railroad, and oilfield accidents. These complicated and nuanced cases often require a high level of expertise and significant experience, which John brings with a solid track record of obtaining successful results from juries in numerous jurisdictions. He is well-versed in all phases of pretrial and trial practice and has deftly drafted and argued several dispositive motions granted in favor of his clients.
- manufacturers, contractors, and premise owners in toxic tort and asbestos matters. He implements and executes defense strategies in a variety of exposure scenarios, including allegations of bystander or take-home exposure, low-dose theories, and faulty or speculative product identification.
- interstate rail clients regarding the Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA) and related matters. John has in-depth knowledge of the transportation industry and clients value his strategic and innovative thinking as well as his responsiveness and keen attention to detail.
- individuals and businesses in oilfield-related incidents. He has litigated a wide variety of matters including pipeline strikes, blowouts, and serious burns and catastrophic injury cases.
John is a trusted adviser and powerful advocate who delivers effective counsel tailored to your specific goals.
- Edgette v. various defendants (2015). In a living mesothelioma case with product identification, obtained summary judgment in Minnesota state court on behalf of various electronic manufacturers.
- Carroll v. various defendants (2017). In a deceased mesothelioma case with product identification, obtained summary judgment in federal court in Wisconsin on behalf of a valve manufacturer.
- Kohnle v. various defendants (2017). In a deceased mesothelioma case with product identification, obtained summary judgment in Minnesota on behalf of a manufacturer of foundry products.
- Federal Court of Minnesota
- North Dakota
- Federal Court of North Dakota
- Minnesota State Bar Association